Wednesday 24 July 2013

5 Ways To Be Healthy!

Hi everyone, this blog post is about healthy lifestyle. I have to admit that I didn't care about it at all, I used to eat anything I want and not putting on weight but things change and I looked at myself and I didn't like what I was seeing, so I decided to change. Now I exercise in a regular basis and I watch what I eat. Just to put out there I am not telling anyone to diet, I'm just telling what's been working for me and what you can do if you are looking for a change on your lifestyle.

Here are my 5 ways to be healthy





Avoid alcohol!!!

Everything in moderation is fine for our body but the less alcohol you consume the better. It stimulates the production of oestrogen in your body which promotes fat storage and decreases muscle growth.


Eat fat, yes really!!!

Good fats like nuts, seed, oils, avocados and fish fill you up and slow the rate at which sugar hits your bloodstream to prevent cravings. Try to eat some with every meal, such as a salad with avocado.

Size matters!!!

A calorie burned is not the same as a calories consumed and oversize portions will prevent weight loss. Stick to palm sized portions of protein, avoid carbohydrates after 2 pm and fill the majority of your plate with dark, leafy greens. 

Get active!!

You will not lose weight or get fit if you don't exercise, so exercise is the key. By increasing your muscle mass you'll burn more calories and that will help you lose weight or get fit. Mix up your routine weekly with interval training, yoga, resistance, swimming and boxing.


Sleep well!!!

Sleep reduces your appetite, regulates your metabolism and allows your digestion to get to work. Aim for six to eight hours per night.  



Hope you have enjoyed this blog post.
xoxo Rita 








No comments:

Post a Comment